logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<17181920>
Tokyo Toray Pan-Pacific Sep 26 - Oct 2
giane
#183 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 3:15:33 AM(UTC)
giane

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
wooooohooo! finish it! :D
shrapi
#362 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 4:22:25 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Yes, Elena won.

6:4  7:5

I  hope she will win tomorrow too.

Good luck !!!

giane
#184 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 7:14:37 AM(UTC)
giane

Lena should beat Caro..! Davai!

• if she will win the Tokyo title then she will be more inspired to win the Beijing..

moreover, i really want Masha to win Beijing (well, she really needs to!!!! ) and at least i will be happy and ofc flattered before the year ends.. there'll be something worth remembering at the end of 2010..

• robb
    #327 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 11:19:05 AM(UTC)
    robb

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
    [quote user="giane"]

• if she will win the Tokyo title then she will be more inspired to win the Beijing..

moreover, i really want Masha to win Beijing (well, she really needs to!!!! ) and at least i will be happy and ofc flattered before the year ends.. there'll be something worth remembering at the end of 2010..

[/quote]

I wouldn't put any money on it ..... more likely on current form she'll be out in the first round again.[:(]

• paul_pipkin
    #304 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 2:15:16 PM(UTC)
    paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)
    [quote user="robb"][quote user="giane"]

[/quote]

I wouldn't put any money on it ..... more likely on current form she'll be out in the first round again.[:(]

[/quote]

I'm not getting you re "current form". Lenochka is a Tokyo finalist. You saying everybody except Princess played crappy?

At Beijing Elena & other Tokyo finalists have a first round BYE. If you mean the second round-opponent will likely be Date Krumm. Unlike most, Elena has beaten the returned Kimiko--at Stanford a few months ago.

ДАВАЙ ЛЕНОЧКА!!! Cool 

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
  • Dartagnan
    #114 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 5:38:06 PM(UTC)
    Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)
    [quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="robb"][quote user="giane"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not getting you re "current form". Lenochka is a Tokyo finalist. You saying everybody except Princess played crappy?

At Beijing Elena & other Tokyo finalists have a first round BYE. If you mean the second round-opponent will likely be Date Krumm. Unlike most, Elena has beaten the returned Kimiko--at Stanford a few months ago.

ДАВАЙ ЛЕНОЧКА!!! Cool 

[/quote]

Good luck Lenashka!!!!!

As an olympic champion, Elena can defeat any tennis player on this planet.

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

• dinara :D
    #144 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 10:04:20 PM(UTC)
    dinara :D

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
    Davai Lena! Win the title! [H]
    #145 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 12:05:16 AM(UTC)

Wozniacki hitting 0 winners in the first set. [:|]

DAVAI LENA! Win the title! [H] 

#146 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 12:19:18 AM(UTC)

Caro complaining at the umpire. Gosh girl! IT'S OUT! [:|]
    #147 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 12:22:29 AM(UTC)

OMG! Drama! [:|]
    Mashafan124
    #237 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 1:13:45 AM(UTC)

Caro wins. (Sighs) Since when did this girl suddenly become unstoppable?
    Mashafan124
    #238 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 1:18:57 AM(UTC)

Now I'm 100% sure that Wozniacki is going to take over the No. 1 ranking. She just needs to reach the quarterfinals in Bejing should be fairly easy.
    #148 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 1:23:42 AM(UTC)

DOUSHITA NO?????????? [:|] I can't believe this! Poor Lena. [:'(] 
    COUNT_ZERO
    #37 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 1:26:27 AM(UTC)
    COUNT_ZERO

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
    dunno what to say about number one for her, but honestly she will be to worst number one in the last decade ..... not playing anything!!!! her game is based on just sending the ball back and in the end ur opponent will hit an error .. look how few winners she has... no enthusiasm in her play, no imagination .. just send the freaking ball back on the other side of the net .... thats all she does. Caroline Wozniacki= Crapppppyy number One!!!!  
    Mashafan124
    #239 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 1:45:02 AM(UTC)

That's true, but still, you got to hand it to her for being mentally tough and consistent at her age. I haven't seen any of her matches so I don't know how she's playing, but she is on a roll and she's going to take over the No. 1 ranking pretty soon. I would love to say the same thing about Maria. (Sighs)
    paul_pipkin
    #305 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:00:04 AM(UTC)
    paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

[quote user="dinara :D"]DOUSHITA NO?????????? [:|] I can't believe this! Poor Lena. [:'(] [/quote]

Elena threw that 3rd set away. Oh well, she'll have another crack at Caro in Beijing.

Speaking of which, I figured out that "Sunshine" drivel. It's about the YellowPants.

When Princess bends over, it's the crack of dawn. [:P]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
    COUNT_ZERO
    #35 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 2:44:36 AM(UTC)
    COUNT_ZERO

in my opinion in order to be a real number one u need to have both : defensive play as well as offensive play.. which Caroline does not have. she only has a god defensive play.. thats all .... so in my eyes she is not number one .... sr to say that but thats not how i see a number one. One little thing to go wrong with her fitness and she is useless on court .. that is why u need to have offensive shots, that give u winners, that help u win a match even when u are not 100% fit, shots that make the difference.... which Caroline does not have .... so again BIG Sorrrryyy for her but she is not a number one!!!!

PS : If this is what it takes today to be number one ( playing nothing :P ) than honestly it's better than Masha is not number one :)

only one more thing to add is that when Masha was number one in the world she really was number one ... she had everything a number one needs to have .. she was a complete player which Caroline is NOT and never will be!!!!! 

COUNT_ZERO
    #36 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 3:53:20 AM(UTC)
    COUNT_ZERO

Guys take a look at this :)

Advantage grunters, says new study

Sat, 02 Oct 09:30:00 2010

Tennis players who grunt loudly when they hit the ball appear to have a competitive edge over their opponents, according to a new study.

The noise accompanying a hard shot makes an opponent slower to respond and more likely to misjudge exactly where the ball is going -- so it is tougher to hit it back, said Canadian and American researchers.

"Conservatively, our findings suggest that a tennis ball travelling 50 miles per hour could appear two feet closer to the opponent than it actually is," said Scott Sinnett, an assistant at the University of Hawaii.

The researchers tested their theory on students in a laboratory at the University of British Columbia, using sounds that were comparable in volume to grunts of tennis starsMaria Sharapova (pictured) and Rafael Nadal.

The results were published in the online issue of Public Library of Science ONE.

Sinnett and his colleagues say there are several possible explanations for why grunting has an effect.

Some professional tennis players try to judge the spin and velocity of a ball from the sound it makes hitting a racket, so a loud grunt would mask those clues, while also serving as a general distraction, the researchers suggested.

Grunting is a controversial subject in tennis circles, with nine-time Wimbledon champion Martina Navratilova having called it "cheating pure and simple."

"The study raises a number of interesting questions for tennis. For example, if Rafael Nadal is grunting and Roger Federer is not, is that fair?" Sinnett said.

A Wimbledon match this year between Serena Williams and Portuguese teenager Michelle Larcher de Brito was described as a "decibel Derby" for all the noise the players were making.

Sinnett said the researchers now planned to look at whether the world's top tennis players had developed strategies to mitigate the effects of their opponents' grunts.

Reuters 

fking_crazy
    #157 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 7:05:15 AM(UTC)
    fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
    [quote user="COUNT_ZERO"]

in my opinion in order to be a real number one u need to have both : defensive play as well as offensive play.. which Caroline does not have. she only has a god defensive play.. thats all .... so in my eyes she is not number one .... sr to say that but thats not how i see a number one. One little thing to go wrong with her fitness and she is useless on court .. that is why u need to have offensive shots, that give u winners, that help u win a match even when u are not 100% fit, shots that make the difference.... which Caroline does not have .... so again BIG Sorrrryyy for her but she is not a number one!!!!

PS : If this is what it takes today to be number one ( playing nothing :P ) than honestly it's better than Masha is not number one :)

only one more thing to add is that when Masha was number one in the world she really was number one ... she had everything a number one needs to have .. she was a complete player which Caroline is NOT and never will be!!!!! 

[/quote]

People, Don't waste your time talking too much about Wozniacki. This girl is nobody. I'm wondering why the fuck the media keeps hyping and overrating her like that. Her tennis isn't worth mentioning. BTW she has no style, no game. Pushing the ball back and hoping the opponent make the mistake is not playing tennis.

If she gets to #1, she's not the first non-SLAM #1. Her name will be erased and forgotten as fast as she came to the top ranking.

The only thing I might keep from Woz is her dress and her yellow thing. That's IT!

giane
    #185 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 8:26:27 AM(UTC)
    giane

grunting is more of a strategy yet it is an expression used by oneself to control/ let /help the person show off her feelings to feel comfortable![:P] stay at ease!.. [:D] that is what it means according to me! psychologically speaking, it is an exercise to help the brain work out! hehehe lol [;)]