logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

73 Pages«<6970717273>
USOpen 2010
paul_pipkin
#863 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:28:36 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 1870 time(s) in 1240 post(s)

THE MEN's FINAL IS POSTPONED UNTIL 16:00 TOMORROW MONDAY.

Women's doubles conclusion first, at 15:00 EDT (19:00 GMT)

US Open 2010
Schedule for Day 15: Monday, September 13 2010
Arthur Ashe Stadium 3:00 PM Start Time
1. Women's Doubles - Final
Liezel Huber (USA)[6] v. Vania King (USA)[2]
Nadia Petrova (KAZ)[6] Yaroslava Shvedova (RUS)[2]
Not Before:4:00 PM
 To Finish 6-2 4-6 5-4
2. Men's Singles - Final
Rafael Nadal (ESP)[1] v. Novak Djokovic (SRB)[3]

Court 11 3:00 PM Start Time
1. Wheelchair Quad Singles
David Wagner (USA) v. Peter Norfolk (GBR)
2. Wheelchair Men's Singles - Final To Finish 6-0
Shingo Kunieda (JPN)[1] v. Nicolas Peifer (FRA)

http://www.usopen.org/en...chedule/p_schedule21.pdf

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
mashadabest
#682 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:33:52 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Don't know about the women's doubles final yet.

[/quote]

WTF?!!!  Is that 9pm UK time?  Please nooooooooo I'm busy from 7pm for hours and hours tomorrow night. [:'(] [:'(] [:'(] OMG I want to smash my fist into something, please tell me I did the time conversion wrong!!!

paul_pipkin
#864 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:37:50 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Sorry. Still raining. That's the deal.

Women's doubles conclusion first, at 15:00 EDT (19:00 GMT) (20:00 BST) (21:00 CEST)

US Open 2010
Schedule for Day 15: Monday, September 13 2010
Arthur Ashe Stadium 3:00 PM Start Time
1. Women's Doubles - Final
Liezel Huber (USA)[6} v. Vania King (USA)[2]
Nadia Petrova (KAZ)[6} Yaroslava Shvedova (RUS)[2]
To Finish 6-2 4-6 5-4
2. Men's Singles - Final  Not Before:4:00 PM (20:00 GMT) 21:00 BST, 22:00 CEST
Rafael Nadal (ESP)[1] v. Novak Djokovic (SRB)[3]

Court 11 3:00 PM Start Time
1. Wheelchair Quad Singles
David Wagner (USA) v. Peter Norfolk (GBR)
2. Wheelchair Men's Singles - Final To Finish 6-0
Shingo Kunieda (JPN)[1] v. Nicolas Peifer (FRA)

http://www.usopen.org/en...chedule/p_schedule21.pdf

[/quote]
mashadabest
#683 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:41:13 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

I can't believe this, I swear the final has never been moved like this before and the one time when my two favourites are playing, it gets moved to a time when I can't even watch, what bullcrap!!!  ARGHHHHH!!!  So effing unfair! [8o|] I hope it rains all day tomorrow and it gets moved to Tuesday or at least they start at like 12 midnight London time. [:'(]
Nella
#762 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 12:41:17 PM(UTC)

It is a pity that the final is on Monday !  It takes away the special moment of a GS !  On a working Monday, the atmosphere is different !!
paul_pipkin
#865 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 2:53:13 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

For the Glorious Nation! Cool For Russo-Kazakh-American friendship. 

Yaroslava Shvedova & American Vania King win USO Championship, def Huber & Petrova 26 64 76(4). [

King and Shvedova win US Open women's doubles title
By Clair Maciel
Sunday, September 12, 2010

In a match that spanned two days, Vania King and Yaroslava Shvedova defeated Liezel Huber and Nadia Petrova, 2-6, 6-4, 7-6 (4), to win the 2010 US Open Women's Doubles title.

"This has been an incredible two weeks and one day," said Shvedova.

Play resumed at 3 p.m. on Monday after the match was suspended on Sunday during the final set following a three-hour rain delay. King and Shvedova were down 5-4 on serve in the third set with King serving at 0-15.

"I was a bit nervous because I was serving and a point down on my serve. I was concentrating on getting the first serve in," said King.

King got her first serve in, and Petrova pushed her return long. Up 30-15, things quickly fell apart. Petrova smashed a volley down the middle for a match point. King saved the first, lacing a forehand that touched the back of the baseline. She steadied her nerves and held. Huber and Shvedova traded holds to force a deciding tiebreak.

After a furious exchange of baseline blasts and quick-reflex volleys, Shvedova produced the shot of the match, a brilliant topspin lob on match point over the outstretched arms of Petrova.

"I want to congratulate two great opponents today," said Huber, the top-ranked women's doubles player in the world.

King and Shvedova, who won the Wimbledon title together this summer, marched to the US Open final having eliminated the Nos. 1, 9 and 12 seeded teams. Huber and Petrova, who teamed up to win in Charleston this year, cruised through the draw and only faced one three-setter, against No. 5 seeds Lisa Raymond and Rennae Stubbs.

In Sunday's final, both teams traded a break of serve early in the first set, thanks to stronger return games on both sides of the net and shaky service games from Shvedova and Huber. At 2-2, Petrova and Huber rode a momentum swing that propelled them into a 4-0 run to close the first set.

King and Shvedova did a fine job challenging the No. 2 seeds in long rallies, often winning points with offensive topspin lobs when their opponents attempted to pressure at the net. But Petrova and Huber used aggressive play to attack serves, cut off returns with poached volleys and find the openings down the middle for winners.

After gathering their thoughts between sets, King and Shvedova turned the momentum in their favor, taking an early break for a 2-0 lead. In the fourth game, Shvedova provided a little light-hearted entertainment for the crowd when she lost her racket during a point. As she scrambled for a short drop shot, she lunged forward, popping the ball back high over the net but losing grip on her racket. Huber then took advantage of the situation by putting away an overhead near Shvedova, who attempted to track down the ball with her bare hands, drawing laughs from the crowd and a high-five from Huber.

Back on serve at 3-3, King and Shvedova took a page out of their opponents' book and started moving into the court, controlling the points with dictating shots. Their efforts earned them a break at love on Huber's serve and allowed them to hold on to the lead and level the match at a set apiece.

One set away from the US Open title, neither team would budge on serve in the third. Both kept a steady game, with King and Shvedova stepping up their game to control the points and push Huber and Petrova back. The No. 2 seeds countered with solid service games to force errors from their opponents.

mashadabest
#684 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 4:14:08 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

In the fourth game, Shvedova provided a little light-hearted entertainment for the crowd when she lost her racket during a point. As she scrambled for a short drop shot, she lunged forward, popping the ball back high over the net but losing grip on her racket. Huber then took advantage of the situation by putting away an overhead near Shvedova, who attempted to track down the ball with her bare hands, drawing laughs from the crowd and a high-five from Huber.

[/quote]

LOL! [H] Well done to King and Shvedova.  I didn't have much of a preference for who won but I sort of would have preferred Huber and Petrova to win, not really sure why though.  Random question what is King's ethnicity?  She looks like she has some Asian in her maybe?  Oh and didn't Petrova and Huber have an argument during one of their matches?  I mean when they were playing against each other?  It could have Huber's ex parter and Petrova though. [:^)]

Anywho, I am here wooo I only missed about 4 games of the final, thank God!!!  Would anyone be so lovely as to update me on exactly what happened in the first few games?  Is anyone actually here?  I don't think anyone is too bothered about this match. [:|]

mashadabest
#685 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 4:29:41 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

LMAO at the advert they just showed, it was of some baby talking but with a grown man's voice haha, oh how stupid things like that amuse me. [:$]

Ajdeeee NOLE!!!!!!

paul_pipkin
#866 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 4:33:56 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="paul_pipkin"] 

In the fourth game, Shvedova provided a little light-hearted entertainment for the crowd when she lost her racket during a point. As she scrambled for a short drop shot, she lunged forward, popping the ball back high over the net but losing grip on her racket. Huber then took advantage of the situation by putting away an overhead near Shvedova, who attempted to track down the ball with her bare hands, drawing laughs from the crowd and a high-five from Huber.

[/quote]

LOL! [H] Well done to King and Shvedova.  I didn't have much of a preference for who won but I sort of would have preferred Huber and Petrova to win, not really sure why though.  Random question what is King's ethnicity?  She looks like she has some Asian in her maybe?  Oh and didn't Petrova and Huber have an argument during one of their matches?  I mean when they were playing against each other?  It could have Huber's ex parter and Petrova though. [:^)]

Anywho, I am here wooo I only missed about 4 games of the final, thank God!!!  Would anyone be so lovely as to update me on exactly what happened in the first few games?  Is anyone actually here?  I don't think anyone is too bothered about this match. [:|]

[/quote]

Yeah, they're around but they're watching. I've been watching with one eye & waiting for a possible girls' replay to appear on ESPN2. So I can't update much, but Nole was kinda outta sorts & cranky in the first set. (Having trouble with that ankle.) I think he's still competitive, however.)

Vania is the youngest child of a family of immigrants from Chinese Taipei (thus, "Taiwanese-American", but she's full blood Han Chinese, I think. Dunno why the Anglicized surname) But they are a tennis family. Wiki: "King's parents moved to the United States in 1982. She is the youngest of four children. Her brother Phillip was a four time All-American at Duke University and two-time US junior champion."

Several years ago, Huber threw a fit at a Russian player who she thought hit her on purpose during a match. I saw the match but I don't remembedr if that might've been Nadia. Maybe. Hey, you play doubles, you're gonna get hit--most often by your OWN partner. [H]

mashadabest
#686 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 4:34:49 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Oh my frickin' gosh Nole broke Rafa's serve!!!!!  Please Nole, I beg of you, don't let him back into this set!  AJDEEEEE!!!
mashadabest
#687 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 4:44:33 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="mashadabest"][quote user="paul_pipkin"] 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, they're around but they're watching. I've been watching with one eye & waiting for a possible girls' replay to appear on ESPN2. So I can't update much, but Nole was kinda outta sorts & cranky in the first set. (Having trouble with that ankle.) I think he's still competitive, however.)

Vania is the youngest child of a family of immigrants from Chinese Taipei (thus, "Taiwanese-American", but she's full blood Han Chinese, I think. Dunno why the Anglicized surname) But they are a tennis family. Wiki: "King's parents moved to the United States in 1982. She is the youngest of four children. Her brother Phillip was a four time All-American at Duke University and two-time US junior champion."

Several years ago, Huber threw a fit at a Russian player who she thought hit her on purpose during a match. I saw the match but I don't remembedr if that might've been Nadia. Maybe. Hey, you play doubles, you're gonna get hit--most often by your OWN partner. [H]

[/quote]

Ah thank you for the update and the King info Paul!  You're always here when I need you. [A] Hehe.  And seriously is there any question that you don't know the answer to?  Good Lord lol.  Btw I am pretty sure it was Petrova, funny that her and Petrova are now playing with each other, haha never would have predicted that after the drama they had!

HOLY COW Nole is playing great right now, this is gonna be a contest! [:D]

paul_pipkin
#867 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 5:10:16 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Nadal 64 44. [st] Delay. [:(] This is a fast moving [li] cell, so it might not take long. BUT, continuing coverage is likely to be moved to ESPN2. Yes, ESPN2 NOT BEFORE 19:30 EDT.

If there's a glitch in your TV coverage, LiveScoreHunter has every kind of stream you can imagine for this match. [8-|]

mashadabest
#688 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 5:21:31 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Frickin' rain! [8o|] Hope Nole takes advantage of this break though.
paul_pipkin
#868 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 5:27:33 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

True, it breaks Rafa's recovered momentum. Now it's official:

Nadal 64 44. [st] Delay. [:(] This is a fast moving [li] cell, so it might not take long. BUT, continuing coverage WILL be moved to ESPN2. Yes, ESPN2 NOT BEFORE 19:30 EDT. (23:30 GMT) 00:30 BST, 01:30 CEST

If there's a glitch in your TV coverage, LiveScoreHunter has every kind of stream you can imagine for this match. [8-|]

[/quote]
mashadabest
#689 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 5:34:27 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Um sorry to be really annoying, but am I GMT or BST? [:$]
paul_pipkin
#869 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 5:41:06 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="mashadabest"]Um sorry to be really annoying, but am I GMT or BST? [:$]
[/quote]

You are on BST--British Summer Time. Sometime around All Hallow's, that will end & you'll be back on GMT.

mashadabest
#690 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 5:47:14 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Thanks so much Paul.  I am not even gonna bother asking what the heck All Hallow's is, cos I'm sure you have better things to do than respond to my numerous questions lol.
paul_pipkin
#870 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 5:52:29 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="mashadabest"]Thanks so much Paul.  I am not even gonna bother asking what the heck All Hallow's is, cos I'm sure you have better things to do than respond to my numerous questions lol.
[/quote]

Halloween, Dee. Druid Samhain, Oct 31 Y'now, trick or treat? [H]

mashadabest
#691 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 5:56:06 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="mashadabest"]Thanks so much Paul.  I am not even gonna bother asking what the heck All Hallow's is, cos I'm sure you have better things to do than respond to my numerous questions lol.
[/quote]

Halloween, Dee. Druid Samhain, Oct 31 Y'now, trick or treat? [H]

[/quote]

Paul seriously why is it that in every one of your answers you lead me to have another question haha, no idea who Druid Samhain is lol, but I have heard of Halloween [I] lol.

paul_pipkin
#871 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 6:15:04 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

I see on USOpen Live the rain is letting up and squeegees ARE on the court. [:)]