logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<20212223>
Beijing China Open, Oct 2 - 10
Mashafan124
#298 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 9:21:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

I'm not so sure she does, Zero. I mean, I live all the way here in Sydney, and tennis isn't such an popular sport around here compared to soccer or Cricket, and the news channel rarely talk about tennis news, so it's difficult for me to follow through with tennis. And actually, I didn't even know much about tennis until last year's Australian Open, and now I know so much about it, it's unreal I could actually learn that much in that short amount of time, just shows you how dedicated I am to the sport, how much I love tennis. It's become one of my main things in life, and so has Maria Sharapova. I have just dedicated so much of my time to watching her videos on youtube, just sitting and waiting for her to regain her top form, I always knew it was going to take her a while to get back on track because if you haven't played a match in ten months, you're going to be rusty, no doubt about that, but it's been over a year since she's been back, and I can't help feel if I have been wasting all my time by spending so much time thinking about her, looking her up, cheering her for matches and feeling just completely wrecked when it doesn't work out. I mean, 2009 was probably excusable but 2010? For her not to even reach one grand slam quarterfinal, I just did not expect that. And even though you say her team is working on it, how many times have we heard that? They are obviously not helping or she would already be back in the top 5 by now. And I'm sick of Maria saying "I had a good day of training bla bla bla." on her facebook page, and then losing her matches the very next day. It's just so frustrating. She is currently ranked No. 21 in the world which means she's gonna face another tough draw at the Australian Open next year, probably Serena in the 4th round again, how is she ever going to rebuild her confidence if she keeps running into the big guns so early in slams? I never used too worry too much about her ranking but I don't want her to get tough draws early on. I think she can beat the best players but not THIS early in slams, until the QF or a SF would be good. And now we have to wait until 2011 to see her play, and who knows? She could end up losing in the 1st round loss of the Australian Open again? It's all a mess....(Sighs)

katmilr
#265 Posted : Thursday, October 07, 2010 10:35:32 PM(UTC)
katmilr

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 64 post(s)
[quote user="fking_crazy"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

So what did JJ and Safina get when THEY took Number One?

Nothing but sh!t For the entire time they held it.

[/quote]

So right. Woz is only the third non-Slam player to get to the top ranking after Jankovic and Safina. And I'm not mentioning Mauresmo and Clijsters also Slamless #1s. But they fixed the error later.

I get it now [I]. WTA rewards with honor the first pusher #1 ranked in the female tennis. This is a premiere. Thanks Stacey for encouraging the future tennis pushers. Or maybe WTA just wants to congratulate Woz for her dress and the little yellow pant? [^o)]

[/quote]

sort of embarassing she is ranked #1 when she didn't even make it to a slam final this year. [:S]

All England Club
#3 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 12:29:26 AM(UTC)

I think it's rediculous how everyone wants to give advice to Maria. My personal opinion; she can handle herself and her career just fine. If she wants to get back to where she was, she'll find a way to make it happen. She doesn't need the prodding of her fans.

All England Club
#2 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 12:35:04 AM(UTC)

Who else do you think deserves to be ranked World No. 1? She has won 5 titles this year, made it to the semifinals of the US Open. Serena simply doesn't play enough tournaments to hold the No. 1 ranking for the whole year. All you people criticizing Wozniacki should get over it. She's been the most consistent player on the tour so far. Slams are not everything in the world. You have to be consistent in other things as well to maintain a good ranking.
Riad Basrawi
#409 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 3:07:37 AM(UTC)
Riad Basrawi

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 34 post(s)
[quote user="All England Club"]

I think it's rediculous how everyone wants to give advice to Maria. My personal opinion; she can handle herself and her career just fine. If she wants to get back to where she was, she'll find a way to make it happen. She doesn't need the prodding of her fans.

[/quote]

Absolutely right! And even more: I don't think, that she read only one of those advices! This site is for fans to talk and discuss, Maria herself will not participate. "Her career is just fine," I believe, that this is the truth!

giane
#222 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 3:45:16 AM(UTC)
giane

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)

a very NICE celebration!.. :D

China Open 2010 sends out birthday wishes

2010-10-07 20:26

China Open 2010 celebrated its birthday Thursday and also honored those whose birthdays fall during tournament week。

Festivities on the Entertainment Stage near Court 1 began at 6 p.m. with choreographed dance pieces set to pop music。

That was followed by a set of ballads composed and sung by a young
guitarist. Her songs, “Love Story in Chengdu” and “Dream of Water City”
were warmly received by the crowd。

Then, a video was shown with members of the China Open Celebrity
Tennis Team wishing China Open 2010 “Happy Birthday。” It is the seventh
year for the tennis tournament, which began in 2004.

Finally, a birthday cake was brought onto the stage. Candles were
extinguished by Vera Dushevina, No. 64-ranked Russian player whose
birthday was Wednesday, Oct. 6.

Dushevina remains in the women’s doubles tournament with partner
Arantxa Parra Santonja but lost in singles on her birthday to Francesca
Schiavone。

“We finished late, so I couldn’t celebrate my birthday yesterday,” Dushevina told the crowd。

Born on Oct. 6, 1986, she turned 24 this week。

dinara :D
#169 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 4:07:01 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
So, Caro is really no. 1 now. [:|] I can't believe on saying this but SERENA!!!!!! COME BACK ASAP!!!! 
giane
#223 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 4:41:53 AM(UTC)
giane

i suppose to!

good luck Anci![:D]

CROUCHING TIGER
#142 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 6:58:46 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2870 time(s) in 1723 post(s)
I can understand the feelings of "sunstreet". She once wrote "u have to live here to know and understand the hype about Woz". I had the same with Henin, Clijsters and Wicky!! Was a big fan of Justine BEFORE her comeback, now that's over. Won't tell u the "real thruth" about "mom", u wouldn't believe me. Like Paul already said, there's that "national" feeling and the girl of this forum. Not easy to split yourself in two parts, although your mind doesn't stop pushing u that way. I'm here and on Elena's forum, still say hello to Wicky. Feelings...damned things to cope with[H]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
mashadabest
#270 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 11:09:40 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="COUNT_ZERO"]

Yes i live in Bradenton but right now i am in London ..... visiting a tennis clinic in north London ....  

[/quote]

Whaaat? 
There's a tennis clinic in North London?  What part of North London
are/were you in exactly?  It's fine if you don't want to answer,
wouldn't want any internet stalkers trying to track you down lol.

[quote user="Philli"]

Lesson One.  Real English for Chat Room Junkies.   Many people spend at least 12 hours a day on-line talking in chatrooms to people of mediocre intelligence who never listened to their teachers in school.  To this end, they have developed a language of their own which, to people who DID listen and learn, has become an alternative to correct English or American English as a way to communicate with one another.   Such simple examples are ... U  meaning (correctly spelled) You,  UR meaning You're and URS meaning (correctly spelled) Yours An acknowledgement of understanding is IC  (I see).  Such illiteracy may well be okay in the NET, but in the real world it is wholly unacceptable and would not improve your chances of getting a good job if used on a resumé.

[/quote]

LOL Philli you're as picky as me about this stuff haha.  Practically every person my age is writing in text speak, I swear I don't even understand what half of the abbreviations mean, it's like I'm reading Japanese or something lol.  Plus people not capitalising the "I" kills me, like "i hope Maria wins cos if she doesn't i will be sad and i won't know what to do" lol.  Oh and not capitalising the first letter of a name oh and not capitalising the first letter of the word following a full stop, okay I need to stop now cos I sound like a freak haha.

mashadabest
#269 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 11:15:49 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="dinara :D"]So, Caro is really no. 1 now. [:|] I can't believe on saying this but SERENA!!!!!! COME BACK ASAP!!!! [/quote]

Haha I kinda like Caroline, but I agree, Serena is the true number 1. [:S] She would kick Caro's butt any day of the week, even on one foot lol.

paul_pipkin
#361 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 11:50:57 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1882 time(s) in 1251 post(s)

Heck, Vera might beat Princess again, though I won't bet based on Friday. Since some don't come to "WTA", I will repost my comments there:

Paul wrote (on Live Streams, too): ".... SINA/CCTV ONLY But hey: Eurosport dumping Schiavone? Does this suggest their idea of who is gonna win?" Stick out tongue

LOL! Tell me what'd I SAY, hunh?

What is more than that: Noon, Almost-empty Moon Court shrouded in a cold fog and eerie quiet while Vera blanked Francesca 60 62 in 54 mins (the two games late in the second, Vera GAVE to her. KNOW this because Vera then served to love to wrap the match easily):

1st set at 5-0: LSH stream zapped, go to BoxLive thru fromsport--that one zapped a start of 2nd set, back to a new LimeV thru LSH. 2nd set 3-0: zapped again, but a BoxLive on fromsport has started. Vera breaks to 5-0, ZAP, go to a fromsport VLime...

Check out how someone was systematically discouraging viewing--physical, broadcast or online. Vera continued her excellent, high-level play with zero DFs and only two UEs (those during the 2nd set give-back to show Francesca on the board--when she couldn't find her game with both hands. My take: Schiavone had been burning out during the course of the tournament & everybody involved knew it. But it wasn't seemly for her to just hang it up in a quarterfinal. Thus, a pro-forma match with as little attention as possible. Wink

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
CROUCHING TIGER
#143 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 12:32:21 PM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Serena in Linz too? What's her agenda then?

paul_pipkin
#362 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 12:58:03 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Gotta assume it's to play into form for Doha, since she's totally outta shape--Serena could easily fall on her ass in Moscow. It appears Eurosport will chronicle that but I'm betting there will be a virtual blackout in the States. The for-pay TennisTv.com appliance is developing inexplicable "problems" already...
fking_crazy
#173 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 1:34:01 PM(UTC)
fking_crazy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
[quote user="mashadabest"]

[quote user="dinara :D"]So, Caro is really no. 1 now. [:|] I can't believe on saying this but SERENA!!!!!! COME BACK ASAP!!!! [/quote]

Haha I kinda like Caroline, but I agree, Serena is the true number 1. [:S] She would kick Caro's butt any day of the week, even on one foot lol.

[/quote]

Yes Caroline is #1, yes but only in the WTA ranking. And everyone does know WTA ranking SUCKS.

Yes Serena is the real #1 in the world. For now!

Yes every one in the top5 can kick Caro's ass. I can kick her ass too, but not the same way [:P]

#170 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 12:32:10 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
[quote user="mashadabest"]

[/quote]

Lol. One foot! I heard that Serena started training again. [:D]

giane
#224 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 5:32:47 AM(UTC)
giane

check this out!!

from facebook:

Serena Williams is returning to the WTA Tour, after a 3 month hiatus, at next week's Generali Ladies Linz. For more information, visit WTA LINZ and for those in the area, you can purchase tickets here: http://bit.ly/cZlJUv

paul_pipkin
#363 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 5:34:55 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Well, Caro ain't on one foot. Admittedly, it's hard to appraise chances for the Sunday Final when semis opponents Peer & Li Na played as bad as they did. But I saw Princess leaping & landing on that leg without a wince. The mouthpieces were talking non-stop, TELLING me I was seeing a problem, but I was NOT seeing it. I don't know there's any more wrong with her knee than there was with her back in Toronto.

This lying little cheat has put me off so, I no longer care to even watch her big ol' yellow butt--and anyone who knows me can tell you that's some SERIOUS burn!

ДАВАЙ ВЕРОЧКА!!! Cool

CROUCHING TIGER
#144 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 8:12:54 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

IF...that's a big if, she's into the finals with Vera i see an easy win for the lovely Russian girl. WOZ is burned, Paul, and she still must keep something for the YEC. Yeah, you're right about "sweathog Serena", on her fat as$ in Moscow. Vika can't win either or Elena would loose her place...that would be a real shame. DAVAI VERA & ELENA[H]

paul_pipkin
#364 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 1:24:01 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

I'd been a little disappointed when King & Shvedova did not exert themselves to get thru to the Beijing doubles final. (Note that Vania & 'Slava kinda chilled once they qualified for Doha. [;)] But now I'm good with that because it would have impeded the rise of ANOTHER "world-is-flat" duo, including yet another citizen of the Union State!

Congrats to Olga Govortsova of Belarus & Chuang Chia-Jung of Chinese Taipei, Doubles Champions of Beijing! [

FYI: No, "Taiwanese" do NOT "do their names like US"--that's more WTA & commentarial bullsh!t. It's surname first like any Chinese. Phonetically, the woman's name is more like "Zhuangjia Rong". [8-|]

So, up until now, the WTA attitude about Olga has been sorta why doesn't this dirty nothing from Minsk just quit--we're making sure she won't get anywhere... However, if you happened to catch the Sina/CCTV "I can play" promotion on the Chinese streams, you saw Olga as the poster girl. Well now, CHINA knew she had something, HUNH?

This was a fascinating match with the high-ranked Pennetta & Dulko. The winners displayed outstanding strategy, finnesse & touch. 76(2) 16 10-7 in 1:43 just after midnight in Beijing, overcoming Olga's apparent back strain that lost them the second set.

I wish we'd been able to see their Court 1 match with King & Shvedova. What y'all in the EAST must understand: Over here in the "land of the free", we are never allowed to see or hear of these player developments! We know of an Eastern player's rise only when the powers can no longer conceal her. Over the last couple of hours, WTA had to rush & write a new doubles story--even getting Chuang's name in correct order! [:O] See it below picture.

Surprise Doubles Champs In China

BEIJING, China - Chuang Chia-Jung and Olga Govortsova surprised the best team of the year in the China Open final, winning their first title together with a 76(2) 16 107 win over No.1 seeds Gisela Dulko and Flavia Pennetta.

Chuang and Govortsova, who partnered up for the first time in Dubai earlier this year but had never been beyond the quarterfinals of any tournament until this week, dropped the middle set in just 32 minutes and looked headed for defeat as they fell behind 6-4 in the match tie-break, but they rallied for a 10-7 win.

"Because it's in China it's very special for me," Chuang, from Chinese Taipei, said. "Olga and I have played together about half a year now and this was our best week together. We played aggressively and that was the key today."

"Almost all of our matches this week went to a tie-break, and when we get there we play so focused," Govortsova said. "CJ was hitting great volleys and I was hitting hard from the baseline. Gisela and Flavia are so good, we're really happy.

"I've been to Beijing nine or 10 times now. I can't wait to come back again."

Chuang and Govortsova had also upset No.2 seeds Kveta Peschke and Katarina Srebotnik and No.4 seeds Vania King and Yaroslava Shvedova en route to the final. Those two teams plus Dulko and Pennetta are will be in the four team doubles field at the season-ending WTA Championships - Doha 2010.

Dulko and Pennetta are ranked No.2 and No.3 in the world in doubles while Chuang and Govortsova were No.42 and No.45 this week - that will change.

http://www.sonyericssonw...in-china_2256567_2179809