logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<678910>»
Laura Robson!! :)
mashadabest
#83 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:10:15 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

So sad for Robby. [:'(] I couldn't watch it cos it clashed with Nole's match, but I'm guessing the back problem must have had a lot to do with it. [:(]  Hope her injury is not too serious.
Teerin
#188 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2009 6:46:31 AM(UTC)
Teerin

Noppawan Lercheewakarn is now in the semifinals. She's 17 already, I can't wait for her to quit Juniors. What has she got to do? Go high up in the rankings enough to be able to play qualifying rounds?
mashadabest
#84 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2009 2:06:54 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="Teerin"]Noppawan Lercheewakarn is now in the semifinals. She's 17 already, I can't wait for her to quit Juniors. What has she got to do? Go high up in the rankings enough to be able to play qualifying rounds?
[/quote]

I'm not really sure, I think players can quit whenever they want, and sometimes they can be given wildcards into the qualifying rounds or something. [:^)]  Your Nop may quit soon cos 17 is kinda old for Juniors isn't it?  I'm not sure what the age boundary is, maybe 18?  I know Grigor Dimitrov quit recently and he's 18 now.

I kinda want Robby to quit Juniors, but she's still quite young so maybe she should continue a bit longer.

mashadabest
#85 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:50:19 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Robson creates shock at US Open

Laura Robson
Robson won the 2008 Wimbledon junior girls' title

Former Wimbledon junior champion Laura Robson caused a surprise in US Open qualifying by beating Stephanie Foretz, ranked 332 places above her.

The 15-year-old world number 460, who received a wildcard into qualifying, recorded a 7-5 6-1 win over the world number 128 from France.

Fellow Britons Elena Baltacha and Mel South also made comfortable progress through to the second round.

But Alex Bogdanovic, James Ward and Dan Evans all suffered first-round defeats.

"I was so nervous at first because you're playing at the US Open and the Arthur Ashe stadium is right there," said Robson.

"I looked up and saw and was, like, 'Oh my God!' because I've watched a lot of US Open matches on TV, especially when Andy (Murray) made the final here last year.

606: DEBATE

"Actually on court it was quite relaxed though, so I tried to bring that to my tennis and play in a relaxed way. In the beginning I was a bit overwhelmed but I soon got into the match. I started to feel more comfortable and I realised that I could do it. "

Baltacha, the second seed in qualifying, thrashed Argentina's Betina Jozami, while world number 147, South, beat Renata Voracova 6-3 7-5.

Bogdanovic, the British number three, was a set and a break up before losing 3-6 7-6 (7-5) 6-3 to Austria's Alexander Peya.

Evans played out a close match with Brazil's Julio Silva but lost out in two tie-breaks, 7-6 (7-0) 7-6 (7-0), while Ward went down to a more comprehensive 6-2 6-3 loss to Israel's Harel Levy.

Katie O'Brien won her first-round match on Tuesday.

She now faces Georgia's Anna Tatishvili while Robson will play Hungarian Aniko Kapros and Baltacha has been drawn against Andrea Hlavackova of the Czech Republic.

mashadabest
#86 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:54:39 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Robson one win from US Open place

US OPEN
Venue: Flushing Meadows, New York Date: 31 August - 13 September
BBC coverage: Live text commentaries on the website from 1600 BST each day, regular updates on 5 live, full commentary on 5 live sports extra in week two, both finals on 5 live, tennis special on 5 live, 3 September, 2000-2100 BST

Laura Robson
Robson is currently ranked number 460 in the world

British teenager Laura Robson moved to within one victory of a place in the US Open main draw after beating Aniko Kapros in round two of qualifying.

Rosbon, 15, followed up her opening win over Stephanie Foretz with a 6-4 7-5 defeat of Hungary's Kabos, ranked 207 places higher at 253 in the world.

The Londoner will take on 25-year-old Czech Eva Hrdinova, ranked 203, on Friday for a place in the main draw.

Fellow Briton Katie O'Brien went down 6-2 6-4 to Georgia's Anna Tatishvili.

Robson came through a first set of several breaks of serve before storming back from 4-0 down to take the second.

"Playing yesterday definitely helped me because it gave me a chance to get used to the courts and the way the ball bounces really high here, and also just to get used to the atmosphere," said Robson.

606: DEBATE

"I was actually more nervous today than I was yesterday - which is a bit random - but I settled OK.

"I don't know what her ranking is but I know she's been ranked pretty high in the past. I had some good wins when I made the semi-finals of Shrewsbury last year but this definitely means the most to me.

"I came here just wanting to play as well as I could but getting to the final round of qualifying is obviously great and is a pretty good job by me - I'd give myself a big pat on the back!"

Elena Baltacha, seeded second in qualifying, takes on Andrea Hlavackova of the Czech Republic later on Thursday, while Mel South plays 15th seed Julia Schruff of Germany.

British men Alex Bogdanovic, James Ward and Dan Evans all suffered first-round defeats.

Keep going girl!!!  You can do it!!!

mashadabest
#87 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2009 5:30:56 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

In the girls' tournament, British number one Laura Robson reached the third round with a 4-6 6-1 6-4 win over Lauren Embree of the United States and will next play Tamaryn Hendler of Belgium or Yulia Putintseva of Russia.

Wooohooooo!!!  Keep going Robby!!! [:D]

Laura Robson

paul_pipkin
#150 Posted : Tuesday, September 08, 2009 6:51:21 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1872 time(s) in 1242 post(s)

Congrats, Robby! [H] The next opponent will be Hendler, the young Belgian.

[quote user="mashadabest"]

In the girls' tournament, British number one Laura Robson reached the third round with a 4-6 6-1 6-4 win over Lauren Embree of the United States and will next play Tamaryn Hendler of Belgium or Yulia Putintseva of Russia.

Wooohooooo!!!  Keep going Robby!!! [:D]

Laura Robson

[/quote]
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
mashadabest
#88 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:09:57 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Robson & Watson into last eight

US OPEN
Venue: Flushing Meadows, New York Date: 31 August - 13 September
BBC coverage: Live text commentaries on the website from 1600 BST each day, regular updates on 5 live, full commentary on 5 live sports extra in week two, both finals on 5 live

Laura Robson
Robson came within one win of qualifying for the women's main draw

Laura Robson and Heather Watson ensured Britain has two players in the quarter-finals of the US Open girls' singles with victories on Thursday.

Robson, 15, produced a commanding display to beat Belgium's 12th seed Tamaryn Hendler 6-2 6-1 in 72 minutes.

Standing between the British number two and a place in the semi-finals is American Lauren Davis.

British number one Watson beat German Annika Beck 6-4 7-5 and next plays second seed Noppawan Lertcheewakarn.

The 17-year-old from Guernsey, seeded 11th, will find it harder going against this year's Wimbledon girls' singles champion.

Thailand's Lertcheewakarn battled back from a second-set blip to overcome 15th seed Ulrikke Eikeri of Norway 6-2 3-6 6-1.

Watson made a blistering start in her match against the unseeded Beck - storming into a 5-0 lead - but then then had a mini-collapse as the German fought back to 4-5.

Fortunately for Watson, Beck failed to take her game point in the 10th and the Channel Islander was able for force a third break of serve to seal the opening set.

The second set was almost a carbon-copy of the first as Watson raced 5-1 up before allowing Beck to level at 5-5.

She held her composure, however, and opened up a 6-5 lead before breaking serve to clinch the win.

Heather Watson
Watson next plays Wimbledon junior champion Noppawan Lertcheewakarn

Robson, unseeded at Flushing Meadows, will be confident of beating wildcard Davis after her impressive performance against Hendler.

After falling a break down early on, the 2008 Wimbledon girls' singles champion broke serve in games two, four and six of the opening set.

She was broken when serving for the set at 5-1 but hit back immediately to wrap it up in 37 minutes.

The second set was a one-sided affair after both players held serve in the opening two games.

Robson held again for a 2-1 lead but then broke in games four and six before serving out the match.

"I liked her game style," Robson said of Hendler. "I liked how she hit it hard, it was easier for me. I was looking to hit percentage shots rather than going for the lines so I think that's why it seemed a bit more fluid.

"It was a lot harder than the score suggests because there were a lot of games that went to deuce and she had a couple of break point chances.

"So it wasn't a routine match but I thought I played well."

Wooohoooo!!!  Robby won again!!  She's into the quarters!!  I haven't checked the draw, but I hope Laura and Heather don't meet before the final. [:S]  Keep going Robby (and Heather). [:D]

Teerin
#189 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:54:07 PM(UTC)
Teerin

She better not beat Noppawan or I'm gonna register her on my new blacklist. [H]
paul_pipkin
#151 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 11:55:58 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

The quarterfinals:

Capra (USA) vs Buchina (RUS)
Davis  (USA) vs Robson  (GBR)

Gavrilova (RUS) vs Cepelova (SVK)
Watson   (GBR) vs Lertcheewakarn (THA)

mashadabest
#89 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 12:12:45 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="Teerin"]She better not beat Noppawan or I'm gonna register her on my new blacklist. [H]
[/quote]

Haha Heather will knock her out, and if she doesn't then Robby will! [:P]

Teerin
#190 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 7:26:42 AM(UTC)
Teerin

[quote user="mashadabest"]

[quote user="Teerin"]She better not beat Noppawan or I'm gonna register her on my new blacklist. [H]
[/quote]

Haha Heather will knock her out, and if she doesn't then Robby will! [:P]

[/quote]

They better watch out. [H]

mashadabest
#90 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 7:32:52 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[:'(][:'(][:'(]  Robby lost to I can't remember who, a Russian girl I think.  Oh dammit it's not fair, I really wanted her to win. [:(]  Oh well at least we have a Brit in the final.  Good Luck to Heather in the final (and yes Teerin she knocked out your player [:S]).  Goooooo Heather!
Teerin
#191 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:09:09 AM(UTC)
Teerin

Who the heck is Heather and why is she on a crushing mode?

Anyway Laura lost, guess she didn't have it all for the Tour yet, let alone Juniors.

paul_pipkin
#152 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 1:00:28 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="Teerin"]

Anyway Laura lost, guess she didn't have it all for the Tour yet, let alone Juniors.

[/quote]

Nothing personal. The Brits just imagine they're partners in the great crusade against the East... [:P]

Anyway, Heather did win: Heather Watson(GBR)[11] def. Yana Buchina(RUS)  6-4 6-1, so congrats to the English girl! [H]

At least now there will be a USO photo of Buchina, unless they cut the finalist outta the ceremony picture--which anymore wouldn't surprise me... 

mashadabest
#110 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:36:57 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="Teerin"]

[/quote]

Haha Heather Watson is...the US Open juniors grand slam champion!!! [

mashadabest
#111 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 4:28:47 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Laura Robson wins Australian Open junior singles opener

Laura Robson
Robson lost to Russia's Ksenia Pervak in last year's final

British teenager Laura Robson dropped just one game as she powered into round two of the girls' singles at the Australian Open.

The 16-year-old, who reached the final 12 months ago, beat Australian Belinda Woolcock 6-0 6-1 in 36 minutes. [:D]

Robson is already into the quarter-finals of the women's doubles with Australian Sally Peers. [

Guernsey's Heather Watson, 17, was seeded second in the girls' event but fell to a surprise first-round defeat.

Watson, who won the girls' singles at the US Open, lost 6-1 4-6 6-1 to China's Hao Chen Tang. [:|]

The defeat spelled a premature end to the tournament for Watson as she and Robson have pulled out of the girls' doubles [:(] because Robson has reached the quarter-finals of the women's doubles.

Congrats Laura!!!  Keep going!!! [:)]

paul_pipkin
#162 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:35:50 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Last night she defeated Russian newcomer Putintseva 62 36 62 to move thru to the 3rd round. [H] Congrats to Laura!
mashadabest
#112 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:16:38 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

Awesome!!!  Although she dropped a set [:|] but anyways good luck in the doubles later on today Laura!!!
paul_pipkin
#163 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:04:15 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Hey, remember:

AFTER DJOKOVIC v TSONGA, BRITISH EUROSPORT WILL CONTINUE TO SHOW:

2. Women's Doubles - Quarterfinals
Maria Kirilenko (RUS)[15]             v.         Sally Peers (AUS)
Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)[15]              Laura Robson (GBR)

Good quality streams should appear on SopCast, TvAnts, as well as http://www.fromsport.com/c-4.html Also http://www.atdhe.net/ , Cool http://www.livescorehunter.com/Livescores/Livescore-Tennis.html already has a Vshare link listed. Geeked