logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages<1234>»
Maria Kirilenko
shrapi
#219 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 2:40:27 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
She won against Dushevina 7:5  7:6
mashadabest
#112 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 4:48:22 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[quote user="Teerin"]

I have the same birthday as Fernando Verdasco (and Sania Mirza). [H]

[/quote]

Ok you win, you're so lucky to share a birthday with Verdy. [U]  I really wish I had the same birthday as one of my players grrrr, I would have had a birthday closer to Maria's but I was born prematurely grrrr. [8o|]

Well done for the win Kiri!!  Gosh straight sets, awesome! [:D]

paul_pipkin
#161 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 12:12:29 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1880 time(s) in 1250 post(s)

Hansol, Korea: Saturday Semifinals, September 26, 2009

Centre Court (from 12.30hrs)
1. Chan/Spears vs. Chuang/Yan
2. Kimiko Date Krumm vs. Maria Kirilenko (NB 15.00hrs) (06:00 GMT)
3. Anna-Lena Groenefeld vs. Anabel Medina Garrigues

There may be streams. [8-|]

"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
mashadabest
#113 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 2:06:30 PM(UTC)
mashadabest

Oh gosh why so early. [:(]  There's no way I am getting up that early on a Saturday lol.  Oh well good luck Kiri!!!  Hope to wake up to a victory! [:)]
neslihan duran
#155 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:13:02 AM(UTC)
neslihan duran

ohh Kirilenko lost against Krumm3-6,6-2,6-4 [:(][:(]

mashadabest
#114 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:16:16 AM(UTC)
mashadabest

[:'(]
Pietaar
#212 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 8:28:15 AM(UTC)
Pietaar

Kiri.[:(]

She's playing doubles with Elena Vesnina in Tokyo.

paul_pipkin
#162 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:40:53 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Kiri will play the Malaysia exo with Lenochka in December. [:)]

Are you ready for this? Thanx to SA 'zine Ovación:

paul_pipkin
#163 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 2:58:52 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Kiri is also confirmed for Auckland in January--along with Vesnina, 2008 finalist. [H]

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

Kiri will play the Malaysia exo with Lenochka in December. [:)]

Are you ready for this? Thanx to SA 'zine Ovación:

[/quote]
paul_pipkin
#164 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2009 5:35:44 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Maria anxious for action

2009/12/03

RUSSIAN tennis star Maria Kirilenko is excited about the prospect of competing in the Showdown of Champions 2009 -- Asia versus Russia, the Glam Slam -- on Dec 19-20 and says the concept is similar to that of the renowned Fed Cup.

"It is an interesting concept," said Maria in a telephone interview.

"I think it's nice to have a team tournament on the road where people can keep tabs and follow your progress. Of course it is something that I look forward to."

Maria, who formed a partnership with Dinara Safina for Russia in the 2006 Fed Cup, will this time partner World No 5 Elena Dementieva to take on two of Asia's best - Zheng Jie of China and Sania Mirza of India -- in the third edition of the Showdown of Champions at the Malawati Stadium in Shah Alam.

For the Showdown of Champions 2009, the format will see the doubles match between Russia and Asia on the first night. Two singles matches will be held on the second night, the first between Maria and Sania, followed by the clash between Zheng Jie and Elena.

Maria, 22, said she was looking forward to a grand debut in Kuala Lumpur.

Maria Kirilenko will partner Elena Dementieva in the Showdown of Champions 2009.

http://www.nst.com.my/Cu...hwdas/Article/index_html 

"I've never been to Kuala Lumpur but I have heard so much about it. I know it's a good place to have a vacation. The hot weather will be nice. I hope to get to know Malaysia and its people during this visit. I hope to make friends with a number of Malaysians," she added.

Despite Russia taking on Asia in an Asian country, Maria is counting on the support of her friends scattered all over the continent.

"I have a lot of friends in Asia, especially in China, Japan and Indonesia. I hope to be able to enjoy their support. It's important so that I can put more energy into my game. I want them to be happy and be proud of me," said the World No 63.

paul_pipkin
#165 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:03:06 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Kiri vids:

Maria Kirilenko - Our Sexy Russian Beauty  (has shots with Igor on boat)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3yDUGw7QBo

Maria Kirilenko swimsuit 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GULqYHsHws 

Dartagnan
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:50:35 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Was thanked: 1466 time(s) in 919 post(s)

Beautiful Maria
Kirilenko targets top 10 spot in 2010
HARESH DEOL
Monday, December 14th, 2009 12:21:00

KUALA LUMPUR: She could have been a ballerina, dancing gracefully to the tune of Swan Lake. Instead, Russian beauty Maria Kirilenko set aside her passion for dancing in a bid to sweat it out among the world’s greatest on the courts.
Today, Kirilenko is aiming for a top 10 spot in the WTA standings as she warms up for the new season at the Showdown of Champions at the Malawati Stadium in Shah Alam over the weekend.

“That’s my aim, to break into the top 10 by next year. There have been a lot of ups and downs this year but I rediscovered my form after Wimbledon,” said Kirilenko.

Kirilenko defeated Petra Kvitova 6-4, 6-4 in the first round of Wimbledon but lost in the second round 6-0, 6-4 to ninth seed Caroline Wozniacki.

Billed as Asia vs Russia, Kirilenko joins compatriot Elena Dementiva, India’s Sania Mirza and Zheng Jie of China in the exhibition tournament. “This will be my first visit to KL but I’ve heard so much of it.

“The tournament is unique, similar to the Fed Cup. I’ve got friends around the region and I hope to see them in KL,” added Kirilenko who turns 23 next month.

Born in central Moscow, Kirilenko look to dancing at the age of five but her true passion was tennis when she first played at the Moscow Central Stadium at the age of seven.

here was no turning back since then as Kirilenko bagged numerous age-group tournaments before she was spotted by Elena Brioukhovets, who took her to the next level.

An avid reader of classics such as The Three Musketeers and Notre-Dame de Paris and a huge ballet fan, Kirilenko is currently ranked 63. She has won five WTA titles – China Open (2005), Sunfeast Open (2007), Estoril Open (2008), Barcelona Open (2008) and Korea Open (2008) - to date.

“I’m looking forward to the trip to KL and hope to play some good tennis. I'm looking forward to a good start to the year,” she added.

Tickets for the Showdown of Champions are priced from RM48 onwards and can be purchased through www.tickethotline.com.my. The event is supported by the Tourism Ministry and the Lawn Tennis Association of Malaysia.

http://mmail.com.my/content/21775-beautiful-maria

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

Dartagnan
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 11:54:27 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

http://www.youtube.com/w...sVyT5A...player_embedded

Maria in Asia

"I'd love to open a tennis school for children in my hometown of Sochi." said Sharapova Maria.

paul_pipkin
#166 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 1:40:08 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

hcfoo tweets:

Showdown of Champions doubles event results:

Elena Dementieva/Maria Kirilenko (Russia) def. Sania Mirza/Zheng Jie (Asia) 6-4, 5-7, 10-8  [

Dartagnan
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 1:44:40 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

hcfoo tweets:

Showdown of Champions doubles event results:

Elena Dementieva/Maria Kirilenko (Russia) def. Sania Mirza/Zheng Jie (Asia) 6-4, 5-7, 10-8  [

[/quote]

Good news. A 100% russian victory.

paul_pipkin
#167 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 5:30:24 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Makiri won the singles match 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 against Zheng Jie. that means the Russians beat Asia 3-0.

hcfoo tweets thru today's matches in Other Tournaments.

I stole this pic from Facebook... Zheng Jie looking pretty in that blue dress 

Dartagnan
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 11:09:20 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Elena, Maria ensure Europe's victory

2009/12/21

K.M. Boopathy

RUSSIANS Elena Dementieva and Maria Kirilenko guided Europe to a 3-0 win over Asia in the Glam Slam-Showdown of Champions at Malawati Stadium in Shah Alam yesterday.

Maria, who played the first singles, was stretched to three sets before beating China's Zheng Jie 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 in two hours and 10 minutes to give Europe a 2-0 lead.

Europe had won the doubles on Saturday when Maria and Elena Dementieva defeated Zheng Jie and Sania Mirza of India 6-4, 5-7, 10-8 to give Europe the lead in the exhibition match.

Elena then defeated Sania, whose movement was restricted by a hamstring strain, 6-4, 7-6 (7-0).

Maria was in command against Zheng Jie and secured the first set 6-3 win but Zheng Jie came back strongly after struggling early in the second set.

Maria had two attempts to break Zheng Jie in the first and third games of the second set but it was the latter who overcame the early scare and broke her opponent in the eighth game to take a 5-3 lead.

Zheng Jie was under pressure again as Maria broke her immediately to make it 5-4 but could not hold on to her serve in the 10th game and lost the set 6-4.

The Russian returned to secure the deciding third set 6-4 to give Europe an unassailable 2-0 lead.
http://www.nst.com.my/ar...ilens-...icle/index_html

Dartagnan
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2009 11:12:48 PM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Beautiful Maria
Kirilenko targets top 10 spot in 2010
HARESH DEOL
Monday, December 14th, 2009 12:21:00

KUALA LUMPUR: She could have been a ballerina, dancing gracefully to the tune of Swan Lake. Instead, Russian beauty Maria Kirilenko set aside her passion for dancing in a bid to sweat it out among the world’s greatest on the courts.
Today, Kirilenko is aiming for a top 10 spot in the WTA standings as she warms up for the new season at the Showdown of Champions at the Malawati Stadium in Shah Alam over the weekend.

“That’s my aim, to break into the top 10 by next year. There have been a lot of ups and downs this year but I rediscovered my form after Wimbledon,” said Kirilenko.

Kirilenko defeated Petra Kvitova 6-4, 6-4 in the first round of Wimbledon but lost in the second round 6-0, 6-4 to ninth seed Caroline Wozniacki.

Billed as Asia vs Russia, Kirilenko joins compatriot Elena Dementiva, India’s Sania Mirza and Zheng Jie of China in the exhibition tournament. “This will be my first visit to KL but I’ve heard so much of it.

“The tournament is unique, similar to the Fed Cup. I’ve got friends around the region and I hope to see them in KL,” added Kirilenko who turns 23 next month.

Born in central Moscow, Kirilenko look to dancing at the age of five but her true passion was tennis when she first played at the Moscow Central Stadium at the age of seven.

here was no turning back since then as Kirilenko bagged numerous age-group tournaments before she was spotted by Elena Brioukhovets, who took her to the next level.

An avid reader of classics such as The Three Musketeers and Notre-Dame de Paris and a huge ballet fan, Kirilenko is currently ranked 63. She has won five WTA titles – China Open (2005), Sunfeast Open (2007), Estoril Open (2008), Barcelona Open (2008) and Korea Open (2008) - to date.

“I’m looking forward to the trip to KL and hope to play some good tennis. I'm looking forward to a good start to the year,” she added.

Tickets for the Showdown of Champions are priced from RM48 onwards and can be purchased through www.tickethotline.com.my. The event is supported by the Tourism Ministry and the Lawn Tennis Association of Malaysia.

http://mmail.com.my/content/21775-beautiful-maria

Dartagnan
#8 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 8:51:26 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

Russia's Maria Kirilenko in action againts Zheng Jie From China during their Single tennis for Showdown Of Asia 2009 match at the Malawati indoor stadium Shah Alam on December 20, 2009

Dartagnan
#9 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 8:52:45 AM(UTC)
Dartagnan

At the end of their trip, they were each given a cuddly dolphin plush stuffed toy as souvenir.