logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fair Play to Maria
stewartd
#1 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2007 3:21:15 PM(UTC)

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

Hi all, this is my first post but I just want to establish that I am a huge Maria Sharapova fan, both on and off court. However, I feel quite strongly about some of the things said after Maria’s US Open exit.

I think Maria had a hard upbringing and she obviously found it tough moving away from her Mum at an early age just to focus on her tennis. She must have found it hard practicing every day when all her friends were out having fun. She had very strict parents and she worked very hard to get where she is now. Maria didn’t seem to have a proper childhood, she was always playing tennis for long hours as well as sticking in at school. Can you imagine having a childhood like this?

For this reason, I don’t blame Maria for taking advantage of all the fame that has come to her. All of a sudden, she is loved by millions and is right enough to enjoy it while she can. From my understanding, her family didn’t have much money when Maria was young, so she is probable treasuring these times where she can spend the money on expensive dresses and buy what she wants.

Maria is just trying to live the life of a normal teenage girl, just because she is a professional athlete doesn’t mean that she is not allowed to be hugely interested in what dress she is going to wear. Girls are girls. Whether she is a sportswoman or not, I understand that she is still interested in these things.

However, I don’t think this has taken away from the hard work she still puts in to her tennis. I just think Maria had an off day at the US Open because she played soooo well the first two rounds. I think at this time, we shouldn’t get annoyed at Maria for losing, its just one of those things.

I also think that Maria has the attitude to go right to the top. At first, I got frustrated when she wrote about going to see Mary Poppins the day after and how she enjoyed it. I expected her to be ruing her loss and I was disappointed that she was not as disappointed as her fans were. However, when I think about it, it is a good attitude for an athlete to have. They are all going to experience losses and its getting over them that matters. So well done Maria for taking the positives out of it.

I admire Maria in many ways and especially with the amount of work she puts in. The last paragraph of her doodle touched me and I hope it pays off for her.

Jeeees, babbled on a bit didn’t I !!!!

Nella
#6 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2007 3:42:37 PM(UTC)

Very well said !!  It's true that Maria has got already many years of tennis behind her !

Now , while at the top of her career I hope she is able to stay motivated and focussed for several

more years to come !  She is a fighter and will battle to overcome difficult times. 

Watch out for her ladies, Maria will be back on track !!

@Sweet Cleopatra@
#2 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2007 5:39:26 PM(UTC)
@Sweet Cleopatra@

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

thank you a lot , this's the best thread I read in this forum , may be NOW we're not rich and famous like Maria , but we didn't have her childhood ,

I can't imagine being away from mama.

SHYRA
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2007 1:20:20 AM(UTC)
SHYRA

a very well constracted post.... disapointment are always part of who we are, it makes life more intresting; cause it posts a challenge on our part to do good and strive even harder... her last doodle was indeed very touching, she coudn't have said it any better... no matter what happens, win or lose we are still here for her...
markofernandes
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2007 7:27:56 AM(UTC)
markofernandes

yep.... you should copy what you said and put it in many other topics... !

C'MON MARIA ! 

craigwickersham
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2007 10:01:28 AM(UTC)
craigwickersham

This forum was already good, but now it's getting better. love to hear real talk and well, this is great, thanks...

the one and only....
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 2:31:06 PM(UTC)

very well said... yeah the last paragraph was awesome and it touched me too. 

@Sweet Cleopatra@
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:36:58 PM(UTC)
@Sweet Cleopatra@

very good thread thanks