logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
WHY???
mattyrobbo
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2007 3:28:43 PM(UTC)
mattyrobbo

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

I would just like to hear your stories on why you like Maria.

I already shared my story in the old forum but here it is again if you missed it

Maria has given me a real wake up call. she has given me the courage to lose weight, this started after Wimbledon this year and now i have lost 2 stone and it is still falling! She has given me my life back! I have got more active playing Squash, rugby and tennis, and i am enjoying everyday! Whats your story???

midaso
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2007 4:42:15 PM(UTC)
midaso

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 46 post(s)

Well because she's the fittest bird I've ever seen...

But then I found out she's also got a great personality off court,a great attitude,real determination...

But when I saw her win Wimbledon in 2004 it was so exciting - I never particularly fancied her or thought she was hot back then but it was just so good to see a young new talent...I forgot about her for ages then became a big fan sometime during 2006...

But it doesn't motivate me to do anything really...

markofernandes
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:16:03 PM(UTC)
markofernandes

well... i was almost falling a sleep when my father changed the tv channel to eurosport....

Maria was playing her first round match against Camille Pin at the Aussie xD (i saw maria before but i didn't know anything about her, except for her 2 grandslam titles) i mean, that match was so tough, and since the begining i was supporting maria, i was in panic and so nervous....- i liked so much the way she fights on court, the way she plays tennis (so agressive), the way she step up into the court and shine ! (it was weaird) i stayed awake until 3 am and i had school the next day .... since then i went to maria's foruns and fan sites all over the net and i became a big fan of her! xD 

well, that's my story ! xD

Saint
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:29:48 PM(UTC)
Saint

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Well i was watching Try Before You Die and saw the streaker with Maria and that stuff but than i forgot Maria again, sometimes i heard something about her and i was like ''hey isn't that the one from...''

But this year i was looking in a game magazine and there was a tennis game and i saw Maria face in game look, animation.

And than i was again like EY that's the girl, and i was looking for her last name and stuff and than i've got on her official website and was like: haba haba haba... and then watched her play on wimbledon.

And thanks to Maria i have a mutch better look at life and be more social and stuff, and i wanne go out see other countries thanks to her...and mutch more stuff but i don';t have time to write that now because i have to go[:P]

MyMaria
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:14:48 PM(UTC)
MyMaria

I just remember being somewhat intrigued by her when they were talking about her on ESPN after she won Wimbledon. At the time I couldn't care less about tennis, but I loved the big American sports like basketball, football, and baseball, so I watched ESPN a lot.

Anyway, I didn't immediately become a real big fan, but the seed was planted. It took about a year after that to finally watch a complete tennis match, but I did casually follow her results online (and I really mean casually... I don't think I read about her win at the WTA Championships that year until about a month or two after). But I was flipping the channels during Wimbledon in '05 and saw Maria playing, her match had just started (I don't remember which match it was), and I got really excited, I was like, "YES! Maria is playing!" So I sat down and watched the whole match, and I just loved it, not just her, but I also fell in love with the sport.

shrapi
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:53:11 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I didn't notice her so much, but then I saw her in this light blue

baby-doll dress at the Australian - Open ( don't know the year ) and since then I am captivated.

carmel
#2 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 4:42:27 AM(UTC)
carmel

i don't like tennis at all..and ive known maria when she made it to the finals and win wimbledon but that was just an ordinary news that fades..

last summer, i saw the nasdaq 100 open, unfortunately that was just a replay, anyway i saw her playing against tatiana golovin..suddenly i remembered her who won the wimbledon 2004..she was really pretty and i love her dress,her sense of style is fantastic, the way she play and the first impression that she is a lovely person inside out...and that was the start of the maria sharapova invasion in my life...hahahaha

she indirectly encourages me to be aggressive and always looking forward to situations not by lingering in the past, although it is good to reminisce past memories, but not the memories that makes us weak..

im thankful, though she doesnt know me, she has touched many lives..i dont  agree with people who think maria is a snob..i like her for who she is and what she is capable of.. being for who she is would suffice!!!!

[D]

CROUCHING TIGER
#5 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 6:41:28 AM(UTC)
CROUCHING TIGER

Was thanked: 2862 time(s) in 1718 post(s)
WHY would we like walking upon a rainbow? WHY do we admire a colorfull butterfly ? WHY does it tickles when u look in the green eyes of a blonde lovechild? WHY can't i say with the right words WHY i adore that Siberian tenniswonder? Somebody tell me WHY???[U]

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
marialand
#7 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 7:12:55 AM(UTC)

i  watched tennis on & off through out my life wimbledon mainly but in 2004 a russian queen arrived at wimbledon with a bang & to be frank i thought maria was going to be another anna i never saw the final all i saw was maria holding the golden plate up above her head on the news & that was when i thought if maria can beat serena in the final at wimbledon well this girl can do almost anything & that was it really i just remember thinking well i have got to watch her next tournament that she enter

sorry its a long story

shrapi
#25 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 7:47:31 AM(UTC)
shrapi

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Because I like animals and she's a bambi.
marialand
#8 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 7:56:12 AM(UTC)

[quote user="shrapi"]Because I like animals and she's a bambi.[/quote]yeah that's true on clay for sure[:D]
craigwickersham
#4 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 9:20:31 AM(UTC)
craigwickersham

Mainly because of her inspiration to many young people to get into sports and not other less desirable things...and she has class, and a certain something that is there, but indescribable....and she's beautiful...
Saint
#19 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 12:55:30 PM(UTC)
Saint

[quote user="CROUCHING TIGER"]WHY would we like walking upon a rainbow? WHY do we admire a colorfull butterfly ? WHY does it tickles when u look in the green eyes of a blonde lovechild? WHY can't i say with the right words WHY i adore that Siberian tenniswonder? Somebody tell me WHY???[U][/quote]

Omdat ze een perfect ontpopt vlinder popke is[:p] en nu ik toch in 't nederlands tegen je bezig ben... wat vin je van Hans Teeuwen?? en wat is jou mening over moslims[:p]hahahaha anders moet je dit eens kijken Click[;)]

tiego
#27 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 3:53:48 PM(UTC)
tiego

Nope! she is BIG CAT
tiego
#28 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 3:55:48 PM(UTC)
tiego

[quote user="shrapi"]Because I like animals and she's a bambi.[/quote]

Nope! she is BIG CAT

rift88
#15 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 4:38:24 PM(UTC)
rift88

I became a fan of hers after watching her in 2002 at Indian Wells and I've been a fan ever since.
midaso
#12 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 5:14:39 PM(UTC)
midaso

[quote user="rift88"]I became a fan of hers after watching her in 2002 at Indian Wells and I've been a fan ever since.
[/quote]

Oh rubbish mate - she was like 15 then and lost like 6-0,6-2 to Monica Seles...

Saint
#22 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 5:29:26 PM(UTC)
Saint

lol[:P]
rift88
#16 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2007 5:51:32 PM(UTC)
rift88

So what if she lost to Seles, she made it to the second round I got to see her first and second round matches there at Indian Wells.
midaso
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2007 3:44:36 AM(UTC)
midaso

Well I was just saying 15 year old tennis players that are just
climbing the rankings and get beaten easily hardly catch people's
attention...