logo

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

198 Pages<12345>»
Live Streams
kyute_shana
#477 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:23:09 AM(UTC)
kyute_shana

Groups: everyone, registered users, Registered

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="kyute_shana"]

A little help with the live streams?

I don't have the channels where the semis will be shown....[:'(]

I guess I'll have to stick to the low-bit rate again....[:'(]

[/quote]

I don't know what to tell you beyond what we've already found, shana. [8-)] Try this: Open the low bitrate in your Media Player through the link at

http://www.tennisform.com/default.asp or by pasting in its protocol: 

mms://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:20965

Open live scores on the side. Then you can at least follow what's going on.

Then play the pbxtelecom.ro 250 kbps stream at http://www.coolstreaming..._big.php?id_canale=22601 to see what it will do today.

Hey, this is what I'm doing today. [H] Hopefully, WTA will have a fine new stream for the final tomorrow.

[/quote]

Thanks Paul....[:D]

josedz9
#455 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:26:04 AM(UTC)
josedz9

Nice info Paul. You really aer the man for the streams!!
paul_pipkin
#1598 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:48:44 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Was thanked: 1878 time(s) in 1248 post(s)
Thanx, Jose. [H] Yeah, we got 'em, such as they are. Now, if they'll just get off the ski slopes and show us some tennis... [;)]
"That's the way the world works... right now." --Maria Sharapova at 17
kyute_shana
#478 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:53:39 AM(UTC)
kyute_shana

are they really going to show it? They'll be dead if they don't...[:P]
abellymasha
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:15:33 AM(UTC)
abellymasha

Better write these links down, am sure they'll do you another favors in the future!
paul_pipkin
#1599 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:11:14 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Absolutely save all linx -- especially direct access protocols like the mms:// The linx may disappear from the boards where you got them, like from livetv.ru or myp2p.eu but still be operative.
paul_pipkin
#1603 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:32:44 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Concerning Sunday's final (18:00, sunset at Doha, 15:00 GMT): The stream info we've had previously (or the lack of it) remains the same (look back on this thread).

PLUS: I wanted to repost the portion of the article found by alwysdreaming09 suggesting that the WTA live finals stream might cut in at this time. Be sure and check there tomorrow before match time. Today, you can see the wrap video of the semifinals. [H]

http://www.sonyericssonw...imedia/default_video.asp

[quote user="paul_pipkin"][quote user="alwysdreaming09"]

from onthebaseline:

Tournament highlights from the 2007 tennis season are currently available from the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Theater at www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/multimedia/.

Live streaming of Tier I finals will not be the only highly-anticipated change in 2008. The Tour is set to unveil a new advertising campaign, a special version of the Tour website in Chinese, and the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Internet Network - an internet portal which will link tournament and participating player websites.

The Tier I tournaments of the 2008 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour tennis season are the Qatar Total Open, Pacific Life Open, Sony Ericsson Open, Family Circle Cup, Qatar Telecom German Open, Internazionali BNL d’Italia, Rogers Cup presented by National Bank, Toray Pan Pacific Open Tennis Tournament, and the Kremlin Cup.

[/quote]

Okay, I take this to say that a live stream will be available at the WTA site for the Sunday final from Qatar. [H] We will see. Frankly, I've found the WTA site in general a little cranky every since they began revamping. But I've usually gotten all of its functions to work if I keep trying them long enough. Suggest pulling up their player in a window well ahead of time.

[/quote]
shangali
#2476 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 4:01:21 PM(UTC)

someone said that the semi finals and finals will be shown on the BALLS channel, does anyone from the philippines know when will this be? thanks
paul_pipkin
#1604 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 4:12:42 PM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="shangali"]someone said that the semi finals and finals will be shown on the BALLS channel, does anyone from the philippines know when will this be? thanks[/quote]

Masha's match is at 18:00 in Doha, which is 23:00 in Manila. BALLS carried the match live today, so I'd assume that's when it will be. [H]

paul_pipkin
#1605 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 12:44:32 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Looking ahead to: Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships

I rather suspect that Qatar's al-Dawri and/or Dubai Sports have been broadcasting Doha on Gulf television and may do the same with the Dubai tournament. Al-Dawri's stream has been inaccessible through all the many links for it. That does not mean they won't open up when the action shifts to Dubai. Keep an eye out.

Dubai Sports is a different matter. Last month, their stream was free. Now they've cut a deal with JumpTV to sell access to the stream. You can go there and buy access if you want. Personally, I won't. You see the general quality of streams. [:P] I'm not inclined to pay for any of this short of a really fine product like the Wimbledon streams.

I would bet there are some free linx to Dubai Sports that haven't yet been cut, but I haven't found them. If anyone does, first right-click "Properties" on the link and copy down the hypertext protocol. Then let us know!

Main thing again is Eurosport, Dubai coverage beginning Monday at 10:00 GMT! [8-|]

http://yahoo.eurosport.com/tvschedule_clng0.shtml

Go hunt down the times of daily broadcasts--keeping in mind Eurosport's radical departures from their own schedules. Actually, converting the times from the tournament's daily Order of Play may provide as good a gist as to when something may be streaming.

MAIN POINT, however: As we change tournaments, all bets are off as to portals. New Eurosport linx, including possibly to the higher grade Eurosport France stream or even the Arab stations, may appear on livetv.ru, myp2p.eu, bet365, livewtv, delicast, channelsurfing, coolstreaming -- on any and all this stuff we've checked out. OR directly on the search tabs and directories of apps like TvAnts, SopCast, TVU and so forth.

As soon as Maria is off court at Doha, start looking back at all the sources we've found. Even more so late Sunday night and into Monday morning. You find something, post it here. That's the way you do it. [H]

kyute_shana
#479 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 12:50:20 AM(UTC)
kyute_shana

wow PAUL.....I'm impressed!

kewl...[H] 

alwysdreaming09
#77 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:58:41 AM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

you should also check this site before the match: http://www.rojadirecta.com/, i checked it earlier before maria's semifinals and it showed wta doha under it are links that will be directed to sopcast or media player..i was suprised that there was sopcast, but when i click it it didn't show the match..hopefully later the sopcast link will work
alwysdreaming09
#78 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 3:02:11 AM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

actually it is showing the links now for the wta doha final..just scroll down where it says "Hoy en Tv por internet" and you will find "WTA DOha(final)"

kyute_shana
#480 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 3:10:39 AM(UTC)
kyute_shana

what's being shown when you click the link?
alwysdreaming09
#79 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 3:19:48 AM(UTC)
alwysdreaming09

the link will work during the match..there are two links one will be directed to sopcast(which didn't work earlier when i was trying to watch the semifinals) the other is for the windows media player(this one is just the same with what paul and meryl found the low-bitrate stream)
kyute_shana
#481 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 3:21:39 AM(UTC)
kyute_shana

oh...alright...thanks kathlyn...[:D]
paul_pipkin
#1606 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 3:43:12 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

Thanx! [H] Okay, I was just checking 'em out at http://www.rojadirecta.com/

1) You bet I'll try TVNSports Euro Sports SopCast. [:)] I've tried this "Channel - 41168" before but didn't get in. Maybe this protocol will do it. A SopCast portal may not open until match time.

2) Eurosport 33k is another approach to the low bitrate stream, with linx for Tvants & Media Player. As you can see from the protocol, it is an inferior gateway to Eurosport France:

http://209.44.113.146/canal/eurosport-fr.asx

3) Damn! That Eurosport Nordic Link sure looks strong and clear. Unfortunately, there's a geograhical block to reception in the US. [:'(] Y'all elsewhere definitely try it, though. Media Player Protocol:

mms://livestream.eurosport.com/ebu/57776.wsx

abellymasha
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 3:58:45 AM(UTC)
abellymasha

Good thing Eurosport will broadcast Live the final match. Altho it's 10 pm here and next morning I have to go to school, it's okay if I sleep at 12 o'clock (if that's necessary)
merylstr@otenet.gr
#762 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 7:06:51 AM(UTC)
merylstr@otenet.gr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
[quote user="paul_pipkin"]

1) You bet I'll try TVNSports Euro Sports SopCast. [:)] I've tried this "Channel - 41168" before but didn't get in. Maybe this protocol will do it. A SopCast portal may not open until match time.

2) Eurosport 33k is another approach to the low bitrate stream, with linx for Tvants & Media Player. As you can see from the protocol, it is an inferior gateway to Eurosport France:

3) Damn! That Eurosport Nordic Link sure looks strong and clear. Unfortunately, there's a geograhical block to reception in the US. [:'(] Y'all elsewhere definitely try it, though. Media Player Protocol:

[/quote]

Alright, i checked the Eurosport link, and i only get 41828 TVNSports.com Neo Sports. Not Euro Sports. Questiosn : (and pleeeease don't laugh people) "Media Player Protocol" - meaning???

paul_pipkin
#1607 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 8:54:15 AM(UTC)
paul_pipkin

[quote user="merylstr@otenet.gr"][quote user="paul_pipkin"]

[/quote]

Alright, i checked the Eurosport link, and i only get 41828 TVNSports.com Neo Sports. Not Euro Sports. Questiosn : (and pleeeease don't laugh people) "Media Player Protocol" - meaning???

[/quote]

"Hypertext Transfer Protocol": Like http:// -- means a URL or an addy, but there's a broader concept. When you start talking the mms:// & others, they're not "addresses" at all but simply a protocol to activate a file on the Net. [:P] The way I'm using the term isn't absolutely correct but close enough, okay? [H]